Global NFP Organisation Upgrade of Hardware & Software
Muscatech was engaged by a renowned global health entity to replace/upgrade 5000 desktop and laptop computers across 90 sites around Australia, in both metro and regional locations with a target rollout period duration of 6 months. The rollout was to be performed during business hours with minimal disruption to staff. A SOE uplift from Windows 7 to 10 was required, as well as ensuring all user data was migrated and applications installed following the required changes. Validation testing of critical business applications was also mandatory.
The client had a complicated environment to work with because:
- Client staff often moved around between sites which meant scheduling a time to replace their hardware was difficult – e.g. travelling regional team leaders or sales representatives, staff moving or working at interstate admin or production centres.
- Locating some assets was challenging as the client’s asset register was not always accurate i.e. some devices were in storage rather than used which made locating them difficult.
- Resourcing Muscatech staff across 90 sites, especially for the remote locations was difficult.
To achieve a positive project outcome, Muscatech hired 45 deployment engineers across Australia to service all 90 sites. To Muscatech’s credit, there was never a site cancellation due to a resourcing issue. In addition to the resourcing, Muscatech completed the following:
- Provided internal administrative management of Muscatech team, including OH&S, training, job scheduling, transport, accommodation.
- Created and distributed internal documents to Muscatech deployment team, outlining all job requirements, processes and procedures.
- Provided technical support and advice to the project team both at a high level and also on day to day issues.
- Provided first and second level support to our deployment engineers for all issues, before escalating any issues to relevant project contacts as required.
- Develop and refined technical documents for both Muscatech and client’s technology departments to use.
- Provided support around daily and weekly reporting and project status updates to relevant contacts.
Muscatech was able to successfully assist the client with their Windows 10 SOE uplift of over 5000 devices. On completion of the project, the client engaged with Muscatech to provide additional services, including another PC rollout of an additional 1000 computers, and a separate services agreement for procurement of additional services.