Global Pharmaceutical Company SOE Uplift Project
Muscatech was engaged by a pharmaceutical company to replace/upgrade 650 Laptops, Desktops, Tablets and Thin Clients located across 12 sites around Australia, in both metropolitan and remote locations. Replacements were to be performed after hours with no disruption to the client’s warehouse operation and office staff. All customer data was to be migrated, and all new hardware to be imaged and delivered correctly to the relevant user and location. Muscatech was also required to provide next business day support to all users following the completion of deployments.
Challenges for this project included:
- Deployments could only occur once fortnightly, with up to 150 changes booked in a single night.
- The largest deployment required Muscatech to provide a larger team to include two team leaders who managed two simultaneous deployments for the same night. On this night, the Muscatech national team leader worked nonstop for 24 hours to ensure the successful completion of the scheduled changes.
To achieve a positive project outcome, Muscatech hired 10 deployment engineers across Australia to service all 12 sites. Muscatech also completed the following:
- Provided a senior management resource to the client from day one to manage our team members who were onsite at all major sites in Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane and Sydney.
- Provided remote management and support to assist our team members who were onsite at several smaller interstate locations.
- Provided a resource to:
– image all new hardware
– assign the equipment to the correct team member or position
– prepare all hardware for shipping to the correct sites, and
– quality control and ensure all devices were correctly built for the role.
- Provided technical support and consulting services to the project team both at the planning stage, and on day to day issues.
- Provided administrative support around reporting and status updates, which were required every four hours
- Informative handover of any outstanding issues to the clients’ IT at the completion of the support shift.
Muscatech was able to successfully assist the client with their Windows 10 SOE uplift of over 600 devices with no disruptions to their operations. On completion of the project, the client engaged with Muscatech to provide additional project services, in assisting the client to integrate three recent acquisitions (companies) into their corporate network.